Read The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins Free Online
Book Title: The Nursing Mother's Companion|
The size of the: 389 KB
Edition: Harvard Common Press
Date of issue: May 1st 2005
ISBN 13: 9781558323049
The author of the book: Kathleen Huggins
Format files: PDF
Read full description of the books:Breastfeeding is natural, but it is not entirely instinctive for either mothers or babies. The Nursing Mother’s Companion has been among the best-selling books on breastfeeding for 25 years, and is respected and recommended by professionals and well loved by new parents for its encouraging and accessible style. Kathleen Huggins equips breastfeeding mothers with all the information they need to overcome potential difficulties and nurse their babies successfully from the first week through the toddler years, or somewhere in between. This fully updated and extensively revised edition provides new information on topics such as:
• Nursing after a cesarean
• How to resume breastfeeding after weaning (relactation)
• Nursing a “near-term” (3–to–5 weeks premature) baby
• Treating postpartum headaches and nausea
• Nutritional supplements to alleviate postpartum depression
• Sharing a baby with baby (co-sleeping) and the risk of SIDS
• Introducing solid foods
• Expressing, storing, and feeding breast milk
• Reviews of breast pumps Readers will also find Huggins’s indispensable problem-solving “survival guides,” set off by colored bands on the pages for quick reference, as well as appendices on determining baby’s milk needs in the first six weeks and the safety of various drugs during breast-feeding. Now more than ever, The Nursing Mother’s Companion is the go-to guide every new mother should have at hand.
Read information about the authorFor more than twenty-five years, Kathleen Huggins, R.N., M.S., I.B.C.L.C., has dedicated her medical career to helping mothers care more effectively for their newborn babies. A registered nurse with an M.A. in perinatal care from the University of California at San Francisco, Huggins has spent the past two decades as a perinatal clinical specialist and board-certified lactation consultant at San Luis Obispo General Hospital in California. During this time she co-directed Breastfeeding Warmline, a telephone counseling service for nursing mothers. Huggins has also worked as a college instructor of fetal-newborn development, and has lead seminars on a variety of topics related to perinatal care and breastfeeding.
Huggins is owner of the maternity store Simply Mama. She is the author of several books on breastfeeding and has sold more than one million copies. She lives in California with her husband and youngest child.
Add a comment
Read EBOOK The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins Online free